Welcome to the Hummer EV Forum! Please post an introduction thread!

Just joined this forum and making this post to say a quick hello to everyone here at hummerevforum.

Greetings from Cleveland! New to the forum and to the EV world as I took delivery of a ‘24 Hummer a couple weeks ago. I’ve owned numerous high-end vehicles over the years and this is by far the most enjoyable vehicle of them all. Looking forward to learning from the pros and offering up any insight that I can.

Attachments

• IMG_9230.jpeg
    IMG_9230.jpeg
    652.6 KB · Views: 10
Greetings from Cleveland! New to the forum and to the EV world as I took delivery of a ‘24 Hummer a couple weeks ago. I’ve owned numerous high-end vehicles over the years and this is by far the most enjoyable vehicle of them all. Looking forward to learning from the pros and offering up any insight that I can.

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you're enjoying the new HEV! Did you go with a 2x or 3x? How's the charging process been for you?

I hard wired the GMC level 2 charger in my garage and it’s a game changer. I plug in when I get home and it’s ready to go the following morning.
Were there any issues with adding the additional service, or was it pretty straightforward?

I’m largely incapable of anything related to electricity, most of which is intentional. So, I contracted the installation out ($1,200). Guy had to cut some holes in the drywall (finished basement), but he was in and out in a couple hours. So, I’m in for a couple grand with the charger but it’s been worth every penny.

Hello from the Bay Area.

I've had a Hummer 2x SUV and a Hummer 3x SUT for a couple months now. Absolutely love both of them.

Before these beauties, I had the opportunity to own these other amazing electric trucks:

- Cybertruck Foundation Series (regular version)
- Ford Lightning Lariat Extended Edition
- Rivian R1S quad motor
- Rivian R1T quad motor

The Hummer EV is definitely my favorite vehicle of all time. They are surprisingly practical too!

Hello from the Bay Area.

I've had a Hummer 2x SUV and a Hummer 3x SUT for a couple months now. Absolutely love both of them.

Before these beauties, I had the opportunity to own these other amazing electric trucks:

- Rivian R1S quad motor
- Rivian R1T quad motor

The Hummer EV is definitely my favorite vehicle of all time. They are surprisingly practical too!

Glad to hear that about the HEV!

I’ve been really curious to hear from someone who’s tried both the 2x and 3x versions. It’s tough to find performance data on the 2x.

Have you noticed any major differences in speed or handling?

How does it compare overall to the 3x with everyday driving?

I haven’t been able to find any solid stats on 0-60 or quarter-mile times for it.

Hello from the Bay Area.

- Rivian R1S quad motor
- Rivian R1T quad motor

That's high-praise for the Hummer EV! Does your SUT happen to have the 24-module battery pack?

Glad to hear that about the HEV!

I’ve been really curious to hear from someone who’s tried both the 2x and 3x versions. It’s tough to find performance data on the 2x.

Have you noticed any major differences in speed or handling?

How does it compare overall to the 3x with everyday driving?

I haven’t been able to find any solid stats on 0-60 or quarter-mile times for it.
For everyday driving, the 2x and 3x feel very similar. The challenge with my comparison, though, is that my 2x is our SUV. The 3x is our SUT. The SUV has a very noticeable advantage in turning radius. For instance, with the SUV I can do a u-turn in a normal width neighborhood street. The SUT cannot do that, not even close.

But as far as everyday power, I'd say they are nearly identical. Except when you really push the 3x hard. That's when you notice all the extra power. The reality, though, is that we push it hard very rarely. So, if you were to find a good deal on a 2x, I'd say don't hesitate to go that route.

For me, the big advantage that the 3x provides on the SUT, is the ability to get the 24 module battery. It is rated for 381 miles but I am averaging 440 miles+ and I don't drive it gently. So, realistically, the 3x with a 24 module battery (2024 and later version), probably gets 100 miles more range than the 2x versions of the SUV or SUT. That battery comes at a big cost though...

That's high-praise for the Hummer EV! Does your SUT happen to have the 24-module battery pack?
Yes, the reason I went with the 3x SUT is because of the 24-module battery pack. On my model, it is rated for 381 miles. But I consistently get 440 miles+. If the 24-module battery was not an available option, I'd likely just go with the 2x. We are very happy with the 2x SUV's performance. The biggest advantage for us on the 3x 24-module SUT is the huge range boost. It probably gets 100 miles (or more) range than a 2x.

Yes, the reason I went with the 3x SUT is because of the 24-module battery pack. On my model, it is rated for 381 miles. But I consistently get 440 miles+. If the 24-module battery was not an available option, I'd likely just go with the 2x. We are very happy with the 2x SUV's performance. The biggest advantage for us on the 3x 24-module SUT is the huge range boost. It probably gets 100 miles (or more) range than a 2x.
That's a significant increase in range! Range is king to me, so that's good to know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back