Noisy Roof Panels

Great. One last question. Did you use any kind anywhere and if so what line and where did you apply it ? Sorry to bother.

Hi, I just did the shrink wrap on my pins and used some GM PTFE lube. Problem solved, I already had the recall done with the washers, it took about 40% of the creaking away. This solved it 100%. I live in Texas, it sat out in the heat today and no noise. Honestly it's like a total different truck. Thanks for post!!!!!!!
That's a great-looking Hummer! Did you notice any differences in range or ride after you upgraded the wheels and tires?

Here's a link to the shrink wrap that people are having success with: https://a.co/d/0ldsUQ4

"Used 3/4" x 3/4" shrink wrap. The shrink rap acts as a cushion to lessen the friction between the post and the female receptacle. This results in less moaning and popping and provides a better cabin experience."

1000010929.jpeg

1000010930.jpeg

1000010932.jpeg

That's a great-looking Hummer! Did you notice any differences in range or ride after you upgraded the wheels and tires?
Hi thanks. It's slightly louder coming from the tires, but really just a little bit. Honestly until I fixed the stupid roof issues yesterday I really didn't notice. I did have to get aligned after the wheels and tires.

Back