Hummer EV 2x vs 3x ...Which to choose?

Dickbanks

Reaction score
I am trying to decide which model to purchase. There are some great deals on 2024 2x models right now, but i also got a good deal on a 2024 edition 1 3X SUV in a nice moonshot green. Its still 12k more though...So my question is do i need the 3x? Will it be a noticeable difference in power? Any thoughts would be helpful.

I’m in the same boat, so I’m curious to see which direction you decide to take. Have you been able to test drive either model?

What kind of price difference are you seeing between the two models?

Hummer EV 2X SUV -
EPA-estimated up to 303 miles of range
2 Motors
GM-estimated 570 horsepower and 7,400 lb.-ft. of torque2
Also with the Extreme Off-Road Package, you get WTF that increases the HP to 635 and 9500 lb-ft of torque
0-60 mph in approximately 4.5 seconds (This is just a guess based on what I've read and video reviews)

Hummer EV 3X SUV -
  • EPA-estimated 314 miles of range†
  • GM-estimated up to 830 horsepower and 11,500 lb.-ft. of torque.
  • 3 motors (1 front, 2 rear)
  • 0-60 mph in approximately 3.5 seconds

I’m in the same boat, so I’m curious to see which direction you decide to take. Have you been able to test drive either model?

What kind of price difference are you seeing between the two models?

Hummer EV 2X SUV -
EPA-estimated up to 303 miles of range
2 Motors
GM-estimated 570 horsepower and 7,400 lb.-ft. of torque2
Also with the Extreme Off-Road Package, you get WTF that increases the HP to 635 and 9500 lb-ft of torque
0-60 mph in approximately 4.5 seconds (This is just a guess based on what I've read and video reviews)

Hummer EV 3X SUV -
  • EPA-estimated 314 miles of range†
  • GM-estimated up to 830 horsepower and 11,500 lb.-ft. of torque.
  • 3 motors (1 front, 2 rear)
  • 0-60 mph in approximately 3.5 seconds
I test drove a 3X first edition, but with a salesperson who knew absolutely nothing about the vehicle... I asked if it had supercruise and he said no...meanwhile i'm saying why does it have this light bar on the steering wheel then (They all have it of course). So i did not get to experience any of the cool tricks they can do like crab walk, WTF mode etc... And that leads to my first concern, I am reading online that you only get the WTF mode on the 2X if you add the extreme off road package. In terms of pricing, i dont know how helpful it will be for you because im in Canada, but I am looking at a 2024 3x Edition 1 SUV (moonshot green, with the off road lighting package) which has a 155,000 CAD sticker price and is discounted to 138,000 or 48 month lease at 1200/month with 6k down....or a 2024 2X SUT (meteorite grey, but fas aftermarket Fuel wheels and 37' off road mudder tires+ off road lighting package) and that one had a $155,000 sticker and discounted to 135,000 but lease is 1050 per month with 8400$ down for 48 mo). Like realistically, will i ever use WTF mode? Do i need it? I like the SUT look better, and ill likely use the bed once or twice in its lifetime at most. I am so confused and the salespeople are really not helpful as they lack any training on these vehicles.

WTF mode and Crabwalk probably aren’t everyday features, but they’d definitely make for a fun party trick when showing off the vehicle! As for Supercruise, I think it’d be an awesome addition, and from what I’ve read, it performs really well. I’m also curious to see how much range is affected when upgrading to 37s.

When it comes to EVs, range is king. So I always try to spec my EV with the most range I can get, within reason. The Extreme Off-Road Package will affect the range noticeably. I think it looks better with the off-road wheels and tires over the non-off-road package, so that's a tough call. The correct answer is probably to get the best deal on a 2x without the Off-Road package and drive it like you stole it, but what I WANT is the Edition 1 3x. :cool:

I purchased mine in March and love it. I had the same experience with the salesperson because they were so new when I got mine they were learning about it as we drove it. The crab walk and wtf mode is basically a party trick and have only used them both one time. The super cruise is amazing and I use it every chance I get and it gives me time to relax and enjoy the drive. I have had multiple jeeps with lift kits and shocks and nothing has ever been as smooth as this Hummer. I did drive the 3x and 2x and there is a noticeable amount of kick when you accelerate. I ended up going with the 2x and love it.

Would definitely recommend

I purchased mine in March and love it. I had the same experience with the salesperson because they were so new when I got mine they were learning about it as we drove it. The crab walk and wtf mode is basically a party trick and have only used them both one time. The super cruise is amazing and I use it every chance I get and it gives me time to relax and enjoy the drive. I have had multiple jeeps with lift kits and shocks and nothing has ever been as smooth as this Hummer. I did drive the 3x and 2x and there is a noticeable amount of kick when you accelerate. I ended up going with the 2x and love it.

Would definitely recommend
Good to know, thank you for sharing this!

I was in the same boat. Really wanted wtf mode. But lease was too good on 2x truck. So far over 1000 mi and love it. Only real complaint is still no Ora updates and delay in Tesla charger network. Honestly look forward to it daily. Don't enjoy ice vehicles anymore. And I came from a 22 2500 Denali diesel which I loved. Good luck

I was in the same boat. Really wanted wtf mode. But lease was too good on 2x truck. So far over 1000 mi and love it. Only real complaint is still no Ora updates and delay in Tesla charger network. Honestly look forward to it daily. Don't enjoy ice vehicles anymore. And I came from a 22 2500 Denali diesel which I loved. Good luck
Is there an ETA on when the Tesla charging will be available for the Hummer EV?

"Charging your EV at a public charging station is easy – just pull up, choose your charging speed, plug in, charge up, and go. Chevrolet continues to work to ensure access to an expanding charging network in US and Canada. That’s why later this year, Chevy customers will have access to 15,000+ Tesla Supercharger locations across North America. Download the myChevrolet Mobile App† to get notifications about the network opening."

General Motors electric vehicle owners rejoice, the highly anticipated Official GM NACS Adapter is now listed in the GM parts system. When it starts shipping, the adapter will bridge the gap between GM EVs and Tesla’s expansive Supercharger network. As we reported last month, GM EV Access to the Supercharger network is imminent.
As a GMC HUMMER EV owner and someone who has experienced the convenience of charging at a Tesla Supercharger with a Magic Dock adapter built in, I’m excited that we’re one step closer to using over 15,000 Supercharger stations.

Although no official announcement has been made, today I confirmed and placed an order with my dealer for the official GM NACS Adapter. Part number 85090442 is in the system, but the adapter is not yet in stock.

If you’re curious why this is such a big deal- read our previous article from last month about GM Dealers being briefed on the adapter.

Honestly look forward to it daily. Don't enjoy ice vehicles anymore. And I came from a 22 2500 Denali diesel which I loved. Good luck

Wow, that definitely says a lot! I’m almost ready to pull the trigger as soon as I find the right build at a dealer.

Back