Bronco Raptor vs Hummer EV

super8

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BroncoRaptor-vs-HummerEV.jpg

For anyone torn between choosing the Bronco Raptor and the Hummer EV, here’s a quick comparison of both vehicles’ exterior and interior specs, based on data from Car and Driver.

Exterior Dimensions
Bronco RaptorHummer EV SUV
Wheelbase (inches)116.5126.69
Length (inches)191206.7
Width, without mirrors (inches)85.786.5
Width, with mirrors (inches)86.9
Height (inches)77.877.8
Ground Clearance, Front13.110.1-15.9
Ground Clearance, Front
Passenger / Seating Capacity55
Front Head Room (inches)43.342.48
Front Leg Room (inches)43.145.57
Front Shoulder Room (inches)55.763.87
Front Hip Room (inches)55.960.5
Second Row Head Room (inches)41.138.4
Second Row Leg Room (inches)36.339
Second Row Shoulder Room (inches)56.563.98
Second Row Hip Room (inches)54.860.2

Last edited:
I traded in a 22 Braptor for my Hummer. Although the Braptor is fun it’s not in the same park as the Hummer.
- The Braptor is the same width as the Hummer, but inside it’s still a Bronco. It feels like it’s half the size.
- The build quality is not very good. I don’t think the Hummer is $100K+ quality, but it is far and away better than the Ford. They both have frameless windows, but the Ford’s are wobbly. There are entire threads and YouTube videos dedicated to trying to tighten them up.
- The Ford has their 10-speed auto with the poopy algorithms…The Hummer is smooth as silk….for obvious reasons.
- Broncos in general are under equipped. You have to pay extra for power seats. No ‘cooled’ seats. Nothing for the back seats. Forget about digital rear view mirrors, AutoCruise or power anything (other than those wobbly windows).
- You have to select the drive mode you want every time you start the vehicle up….and that gawd awful AutoStopStart……..

Don’t get me wrong, I liked my Braptor but the Hummer is in a league of its own….both literally and figuratively.

@OmegaHummvee I also just traded my 22 Braptor. I 100% agree on all points. I loved mine but the Hummer made me switch. I did like the infotainment system better on the Raptor, however. Much more responsive.

I have a first edition Bronco that I'll be trading in for the Hummer, so I appreciate the feedback!

How does the visibility compare between the Bronco Raptor and the Hummer?

How's the road noise between the two?

I have a first edition Bronco that I'll be trading in for the Hummer, so I appreciate the feedback!

How does the visibility compare between the Bronco Raptor and the Hummer?

How's the road noise between the two?
As far as visibility, I find them to be very similar. I do give the edge to the Hummer as it has the digital rear view mirror. One thing that bothered me about the Braptor, that is much better in the Hummer, is the blind spot alert. In the Braptor the mirror indicator would come on as the vehicle was entering my peripheral vision which made it useless.

As for road noise, I do think the Hummer is a little bit better but not by much. I have the MT tires and the tire noise is the most prominent sound in the interior. For $100K vehicle there are too many rattles in the interior of the Hummer in my opinion. I did the shrink on the top pins which helped tremendously, but I still fell there are too many. The rear cargo floor/cover in the back rattles a bit on my country roads. It’s a bit of a nitpick on my part but i did expect better for the price. I’m not going to get rid of it over those though.

Back