Transparent vs Opaque Roof Panels?

super8

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For those who have experienced both the transparent and opaque roofs, have you noticed any differences in road noise or temperature? Is the upgrade worth the extra cost?

Last edited:
The choice between transparent and opaque roofs largely depends on your local climate. If you live in an area that's often cloudy, the transparent roof panels can be a great upgrade. They let in a lot of natural light and offer a beautiful view, enhancing the driving experience.

However, if you’re in a sunnier region like California or Nevada, the transparent roof can make the cabin uncomfortably warm during the day. Personally, I have transparent panels on my SUV and standard panels on my truck, and we live in California. I prefer the standard panels during the day because they keep the interior cooler. The transparent ones are nice in the evening when the sun isn’t as intense. If I had to pick just one, I’d go with the standard roof panels—and I’d even be willing to pay extra for them!

In terms of road noise, I haven’t noticed any significant difference between the two types of roofs. The main differences are in temperature and brightness.

For context, I’ve also ceramic-tinted all the windows on both of my trucks, including the windshield. This has made a big difference in reducing heat from the California sun.

Living in Austin, TX, I get my windshield tinted as well. It gets so hot here. No way am I going without tint on all the glass. The summers are brutal and the vehicles cook inside already. I need all the help I can get!

Back